Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Battle Cry

Never in the face of human endeavor has so much been undertaken by one man. Often, when challenges comes a knocking, fear rears its ugly head and attempts to smooch you all over. Regardless, I fling the doors of my ability wide open to the bane of gastronomic sensibility.

The challenge was this. Beef Rendang.

Often, in culinary circles, cooks are allowed to walk through the stages of heurism. However, as this is pretty much an I-leap-out-of-without-parachute-moment, caution will be flung to the wind and I will attempt to make rendang for my cell group. It shall be my first try.

As such, I called my fellow cell grouper whose known for her culinary expertise to ask her what to do. (She has a boyfriend my 20 something friends. And he has a Phd in engineering so yes, he can build a deathray if you try anything funny).



Jo: Hey Angie! How do you make beef rendang?

Angie: Ha? You want to make rendang? That's the most difficult of all of them you know?

Jo: Issit? I thought just buy paste?

Angie: You have to go fry $%^& with $%^& then after that #$%^& and #$%^& then #$%^&(&*%&^%&^%&^%(&^%*%^&%^&%&^%^$%^$*^*&*&*& booya! Rendang.


Jo: Never in the face of human endeavor has so much been underta...














Heurism- trial and error! Took me a whole day to memorize that. I feel quite pleased.

No comments:

My Blog List