Thursday, September 23, 2010

Close My Eyes.

Ever had those moments when you felt absolutely happy. Perfectly joyous?

I had. This comfortable feeling of contentment washes over you. It's as if you know you're heading from point A to point B. You know where you're from, it's a dream. You know where you're going, it's a dream.

But right now, you're contented to realize where you've come and where you're headed.

That feeling of happiness.

I've had those feelings many times. Like a dream, things slow down, but you realize it'll be over in an instant. I close my eyes and memorize how I feel. I take in friend's voices, friend's laughter. I memorize the sun light, the fabric of the couch, the crispness of the air.

I wipe a tear from laughing too hard. I remember my friend's face, smiling. I look around and memorize more faces, each happy that they're here, that I'm here. Then I shut my eyes, and memorize everything.

 I memorize the warmth of acceptance. The feeling that I can do anything, but I am content right here.

Contentment. Maybe it's not just a moment.

No comments:

My Blog List