Monday, September 20, 2010

Student Hunting/Gathering techniques.

I recall the all encompassing horror of my first self-cooked meal in Australia. 

Wondering where I would get food at 6pm, (all stores closed) I promptly panicked realizing I didn't have food in the fridge. FInding only some rice and tomato paste, a concoction formed in my culinary retarded skull. I had seen coffee stores serve rice with pasta sauce for obscene prices; perhaps I could cook something like that as well. 

After staring blankly at the rice cooker and the Preggo's tomato paste container for about five minutes, I set to work. An hour later and a mountain of dirtied cooking utensils, I ended up with semi cooked rice, and warmish preggo tomato paste. 

It tasted terrible. Try eating some rice left outside the house for two days with lemon. That was almost how it tasted. But that was a year and a half ago. My survival skills have now improved by leaps and bounds! 

I now know how to cook indo mee with sausages. 

2 comments:

Samku said...

hahaha! rice with tomato paste! creative indeed. XD eh, you know how to cook indo mee, not bad ah, can survive.

Joseph said...

Imma survivor im gonna make it!

My Blog List