Monday, March 3, 2008

Dunno

Today was indeed a glorious day in my vibrant history! I! Joseph Wong! Has been grocery shopping! All alone! Whithout any help! Except well, maybe, karlyn who helped me pick out the veggie, tomatoes, pita bread... However! It is of no consequence as glory forever more belongeth to me!

He, with the battle fought in his mind built before himself a plan of attack. He marched sternly into the market and demanded that they serve him! A highly valued customer who, by his financial might tossed the mountain of unemployment into the thriving blue ocean of prosperity. He demanded servitude and tomatoes! Pita bread too! With his composure calm, lips stern, and eyes piercing; the great man made his orders. They were to be promptly delivered as he took immense effort to allow unimaginable riches burst forth from the magnificence of his coffers. The employees danced with joy before him as he, overflowingly merciful and generous allowed grace to pour unhindered.

Well, actually, I hadn't the scarcest idea what I was doing in there. I walked in thinking there would be a huge bilboard infront of my face that said," sandwich materials for dummies here!" Well, I was wrong. In the end I bought severely overpriced cherry tomatoes which looked more like red chillies, browning lettuce which looked more like cabbages, rotten milk with bacteria(cheese) and pita bread. Throughout walking through the hallowed isles of edibles, I couldn't help feeling a tad bit silly. Sort of the wierd feeling that your zip is down even though it isn't. Then it dawned. I was carrying everything whithout a basket.
As i smiled sheepishly; poor, wonderful karlyn rolled her eyeballs and undertook an expedition acquire a shopping basket.

Finally, we reached the casheir and I pushed my hard carried items onto the table with an air of achievement. As I pulled out my wallet; my ego immediately deflated when I saw that about half my lifesavings was needed to ransom my food. Oh wells. Who needs cash when you have tomatoes? My first adventure to the grocery was completed.

No comments:

My Blog List