Saturday, March 22, 2008

I was watching the ice princess the other day. Its about this nerdish girl whose overpowering mother has put her on the fast track to a physics degree in Harvard. However, her true love is in skating. It was something that made her feel beautiful; it made her forget what she was and showed who she was.

Question now is, who am I?

Bother, I hate that hard questions, don't you? I depise friendster and other these "social websites" mainly because I have to fill out the "tell others about yourself" blank. Embarrasing though to admit, I often find myself spending near eternities simply to tell friends about myself.

I still struggle with those questions. Why? Because I am not what I want to be. I want to be someone great. One of those guys who are popular everywhere;the type so many girls have a crush on. Smooth, charming and talented at the things he does. I want to be someone else. I want to be someone like that. Problem is. I'm not.

I'm Joseph. Still trying to figure out what he's good at and what he enjoys. Loves making people smile and hates math with a passion. A close friend to only a few and a person who likes to listen to people talk about themselves. A person who does stuff knowing he can't do them whithout God's help. A person who loves God.

Might I add, has a penchant for being annoyingly loud.

Thats me for the most part. In truth I'm not really who I want to be. But why? Why on earth am I so afraid of what people think of me. Why do i want to be respected and popular? For what reason? So I can feel great about myself being better that someone? Pretty much.

I guess I'm wrong. I figured I was wrong while writting this. Who I am is who I am. Which is what God made me to be. He knows exactly who I am and exactly what I can be. All I have to do is ask Him and let him shape me.

No comments:

My Blog List