Sunday, July 13, 2008

I Deeply Enjoy Math

   Mathematics, arithmetics of anything in that glorious vein is the love of my life. For which without it my living would be nothing but an exquisite equation within an equation within an X of a quadnomial. Yes, I live breathe and eat digits. Mathematics with its dizzying near brutal amounts of mentally condemning rules set me free. Able to soar like an eagle, with add, subtract, multiply and division as the winds beneath my wings.

  Haha. 

  Well, I can honestly say that i do indeed have a problem with math. Somehow or other the answer simply avoids my already limited intellect through some devious numerical play. I am often irked by how an often simple equation would often blow itself out of my human capabilities of comprehension. For instance: 5 divided by goodness knows what, equals 5.213415122132135213124. After the time taken for the coast Africa to smash Cuba into Mexico; I find out that my answer was actually wrong and the number was 0 or one. If that wasn't enough, I realize that the  number would have been achieved in an Andy Ong pace if I had placed a digit next to some other. Mathematics then often smacks me into a corner and spends its time violently brutalizing any sense of an ego built up by my imagination of personal intellect. 

   Then there are friends who can play with numbers like they would play a violin. Incredible and almost without thinking; it would often seem as if einstein himself, descended from heaven and possessed the body of a mere human being. What results are often spectacular, if  Yehudi Menuhin left his audience spell bound through playing his violin, so often I would be in complete disbelief as a demon of an equation is performed right before my eyes. "Its actually quite simple," my math maestro of a friend would say, before proceeding to rip his eyeballs out of his sockets trying to teach me how a monkeys can be added to kittens to produce coconuts. Yes indeed, I am always left in awe by a person whose view on math parallels the adidas motto. 

   Perhaps someday when I can plus perfectly, subtract simply, multiply magnificently and divide definitely, will I be lesser repulsed from numbers with symbols pared up with lines awaiting my nervous answers. However, that day of complete victory and boundless bliss is not today.

   I'm having trouble with 1103 math.  



  

No comments:

My Blog List