Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Heh.


  I quite unfeelingly made Shermayne and Karlyn stay back till four thirty just so I could finish my red faced Life Pac. I prayed that I'd pass while scribbling the answers as quickly as I could on the test sheet. Finally after 45 minutes, I finished. 

  After praying for huge amounts of mercy and confessing every wrong thing I could remember since 1994, I passed it up for scoring. As I walked away, I heard Shermayne say," Aih! He always does this!" Or something like that. 

  When I turned around, I saw her face creased and her green pen flicking furiously. I was afraid, more pen movement means more mistakes. Pastor Jackie's face looked sympathetically at my test paper. Pastor Jackie knew that I had in fact failed the same math test before, after tearing out massive amounts of precious cranial fur. She also knew that I had done the alternative test, failed it and redone the life pac. (4 tests and a section) 

  I headed sullenly with mock nonchalance to the ping pong table. I could not concentrate on the orange ball darting across blue table. My head was on the green pen slashing away at my marks. I spent more time walking to collect the ball than actually playing. Finally I screamed. "ARGGHH!! FAIL, THEN FAIL LARH!! FAIL SEVEN TIMES ALSO I'LL STILL PASS SOMEDAY!!!!" I seriously hoped I wouldn't have to. 

  "Jo." 

  The signal to approach was given the executioner's desk. I stopped mid swing and placed my bat on the table as the ball fell to the carpet. I saw Pastor Jackie's and Shermayne's face and I immediately knew. I had failed. 

  "So?" I quietly asked. 

  "Oh well," she said sympathetically as she closed my book. Do corrections, the same procedure lorr...

  "You say fail seven times also nevermind what," Pastor Jackie graciously gave. 

 "So I failed?" 

  "Yeah, you did." Sher placed the book in my hands. 

  Oh wells, shake of the dust fight again I guess. What else is there to do? I opened my book. Expecting a failure, my eyes immediately rested on the mark that said 61 percent. (80 percent and above is a pass) Then I realised, the numbers weren't in the right pen color and neither were they in the right place! I looked exactly where I was supposed to look. Then I saw it. 80.15 percent. I exploded. 

  The next few moment, I blubbered in delirious joy! I had no control over what I was doing as I ran behind and started smashing the lockers with my math book while still blubbering maniacally. Karl, Mishie and Jon congratulated me as I walked out beaming. 

   I PASSED! 

  

 Thank God! Phew, now on to math 1108. 

No comments:

My Blog List