Monday, June 1, 2009

The Kitchen is No Place for a Man. Or me.

Everyone was out, and I was forced to fend for myself in the desert of not knowing how to cook. All alone with no one one to help me. It was a depressing moment. Diving into the refrigerator, I found left over rice from last nights meal and in that one divine, inspired moment, I decided. I would throw everything together and come up with something so wonderful and so gastronomically sublime, it would simply embrace my taste buds! 

Shouldn't be too difficult. 

For those who know me  in real life, you should be familiar with the phrase,"no, I don't really know what I'm doing." I had no idea what I am doing. Some people are simply credited with the ability to look as if they have a perfect plan of what to do. I am simply not one of them. 

Tossing the onions and garlic in, I fried, then next came the chicken. After the chicken looked edible, I pushed from my chopping board the juicy tomato bits. It looked okay, but the colors simply weren't there yet. So I grabbed a bunch of bottles with black sauces in them. I had no idea how they tasted, but oh wells, I saw my mom throw sauces like those in. I did the same. 

Allowed it to fry some more and Wala! 


Jo's Fried Rice with Tomatoes!


Tasted a lil bland. But ah wells! 

No comments:

My Blog List