Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sleepy.

Mine eyes are shutting. Quietly, slowly, deliberately. Demanding that I stop, demanding that I sleep. I refuse. There's work to be done.

There's posts to write, friends to chat with, friends to make. Scenes to enjoy, movies to watch. Assignments to be done. Lectures to attend.

There's things to become, things to move on from. Things to fight for, things to figure out. Time to grow. Time to know how to grow.

But this time, my the muscles around my eyes quietly soothe my mind with a gentle melody. A soft string ensemble choiring me to rest. I am tired, I want to give in. I want to fall asleep in a theatre with the ochestra of my senses lullabying me. Winking at me, smilling at me. Gently stroking my face, to sleep.

My bed beckons. Fresh smells. Familiar smells. The colors of beige, light blue and some yellow. The warm afternoon sun peeking cheekily through my window blinds. My pillow welcoming me. My blue blanket, delightfully cool as my legs rub against the fabric. My beige mattres sinking into my body. I turn my head to my clock, and give in to the lullaby.

I'm asleep.

No comments:

My Blog List