Saturday, April 10, 2010

Wanted.

Sunlight, fresh air and unicorn sprinkles of love. What more could I possibly ask for? Apparently quite a couple of things. However, it must be noted that these are things I want. Having the cash and blessing to get them, I believe I'd rather just save and buy some book sitting on some shelf with a catchy title and a preposterous name. But I really want them!

1) Nissan GT-R




Sigh....

The Nissan GT-R was made with cornering and handling in mind. That said, it still goes at the speed of insane fury, making jet fighter sounds at high speed turns. Fury also made the fastest speed record for a production car at the Nurburgring circuit. Modeled and shaped for a more masculine look instead of the usual European blonde stylings, it is boxy, yet somehow; stunningly beautiful. And because it performs so well, it politely samurais the Porche 911 Turbo as one of the world's best production supercars. And costs less.

2) Aviators.




These look fashionably revelant. First, these shades were made for World War 2 airmen by RayBans. The distinctively tear dropped shades were crafted so they could fit perfectly into the flight goggles the airforce pilots wore. And because they allowed sun and glare protection, military pilots had visual advantages in day missions and dogfights.

They hit public fame when General Douglas MacArthur walked onto the Phillipine Beach during the Allies' Pacific campaign wearing aviators. MacArthur then gritted his teeth and gave the I-look-as-cool-as-beans look and the military paparazzi went crazy! Lady Gaga what? The American public went wild with them and so did the rest of the world.


3)RISK. The game of global domination.



Since I can't conquer the world. I'll settle for the game. But it's so expensive!!

Not only is it an awesome game, it was grounbreaking at the time it was invented. Made by a French film maker Albert Lamorrisey ( who that?) it was the most cutting edge production boardgame of its time.


The prototype RISK boardgame was fitted with pseudo guided missiles, tractor beams and robot controlled machine guns. The Hasbro board deemed it too dangerous (SISSIES) and decided to use plastic pieces instead.


I've realized now I've run out of things that I want so frivolously. Or maybe its the assignments calling out my name. Regardless, take note, these are things I WANT. Not NEED. But sigh... I really want them.

No comments:

My Blog List