Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Goodbye, I'm sorry.

Today is a dark, sad and solemn day.

I was coming home from violin class at night and my aunt greeted me at the door. "Didn't your dad tell you?" She said, "Sunny died".

What? It took me a few seconds to register. Sunny Chew? Uncle Chew? He died? WHAT!?

He was an old gentleman, drank beer and smoked cigrattes. However, he was a dear friend of our family. Whenever my father was all alone in his store, he would come along and sit down providing my father with company and friendship. When my dad had to perform a service for customers, he would help; often at the request of my father. Being intelligent and knowlegeable on much, he often chatted away with customers, yakking on Antartica to Bang and Olufsen. In fact, customers turned into close friends because of him.

When I was little I was bullied so often. Kids hated me, adults tried to stand me. In all due honesty, it was simply because i was so innocent and naturally joyful I could stay happy. No one in my kindergarten walked up to me and offered me close friendship, not one; small glimmers of kindness were often bought. Close friends when I was a kind something I didn't have.

Whenever school was over, my mom would fetch me. She would take me to my father store where Uncle Chew would be around. I would greet him and he would ask me to give him a neck message. I loved giving him shoulder squeezes. Unc would often encourage me to squeeze harder! We often chatted about everything little boys chatted about! He even drove me once awhile to a comic store near my dad's shop to rent our favourite comics. During quieter times he thought me how to play chess and how to float like a butterfly and sting like a ping pong ball to an exposed tummy. When I got my Game Boy Colour, he often grabbed it, sat himself down on a comfy seatee and tackled doctor Mario. Believe me, he was good; so good he reached level twelve, the last level of doctor mario on the greatest difficulty. He played till his eyes turned red and teared. Everytime after the day was over, I ran over to my mum and asked her if I could ask him to join us for dinner! He was my best friend.

I loved him. Now he's gone. Worse still; he's not a christian.

I feel terrible honestly. Just to imagine him with that fate is heart tearing. Its something that you might hold with you for your entire life. I didn't try hard enough, I didn't pray hard enough. Now he's gone. He's gone.

Dear Lord, you heard me. When I close my eyes for the last time on this earth. I want to see him smiling with you. Please. Amen.

No comments:

My Blog List