Monday, December 15, 2008

Rap in Boo

I've never actually liked classical music; mostly because the genre pushed me to think of how the song made me feel in order to enjoy it. Not just that, I always had to try to figure out what the wrtier was expressing, reading with my ears, my eyes seeing nothing. Often, i relax listening to mainstream. What's there to decipher with "my humps, my humps, my lovely lady bumps! Check em out!"?* 

Classical music and jazz, not very interesting music to me. I always thought of it as the music rhythm and rhyme uncles and aunties admit to liking after being conversationally pushed away from the Beatles and Bee-Gees. However, while I was watching the recording of the Grammy awards 2008, the Awards came to an introduction of Classical and Jazz. The mustached actor then spoke of the beauty of the two genres and then said "Gershwin". His name meant nothing to me, I merely thought he was one of those grizzled classical writers who have been blessed with more than their fair share of facial hair. However, the man then introduced, Rhapsody in Blue. 

Wow. 


*I don't actually listen to Humps. 

No comments:

My Blog List