Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Wow.

 By, ShadowMax76. (http://ShadowMax76.deviantart.com/art/Men-don-t-cry-sad-one-53594487)




Men don't cry.

Though I am a boy, I am the son of a man.
My father taught me things, infact everything I hold in my hands.

When I fell over on the pathway, just when I was five.
I started to cry, and I didn't know why.
I couldn't help myself, the pain, the feeling, the anguish, the fear.
Overwhelming me, till my dad picked me up on his shoulders,
And said;
       "Woah, you only fell down! Come now son,
          if a tear were in your eyes everytime you fell,
          what man would you be? Do you want to be a strong man
          like daddy?"

I didn't quite understand him, but I knew what I had to do.
I learnt my first lesson, in becoming a man.

I'm only a boy of 16. And I haven't cried since.
Not when I fell off my bike at 7,
Not when my parents were mad at me when I was 11,
Not when bullies stabbed me with sticks,
Not when I was yelled at by my favourite teacher, for crimes I did not commit.

But...one time...when it happened, I cried...so hard...in the first time in many years...
My sister died, at age 15, by a school beating.
I did not weep, I only felt like choking on this feeling, tears streaming ear to ear.
In bed I lied, in the soft pink pillow my sister loved when she was alive.

I pursed my lips so hard, I gritted my teeth harder.
With all my efforts I pushed this feeling back, but then my dad stepped in.
He didn't say a word, he came sat me up and held me in his arms.
And the feeling got worse, not only that, my dad started weeping.

I....I didn't know what to do.... even if he cried...especially...cuz..-
My eyes were wides, wider then ever before.
I saw the man, lost, the one I've grown to hate and used to adore.
I saw me crying. In the future. And that moment I finally saw,

That man does cry, but men do not.


No comments:

My Blog List