Thursday, April 30, 2009

Prada.



 I was walking alone in Midvalley and I naturally veered into MPH. MPH is an awesome place to hang out, full of comics, books, booklets, encyclopedias and magazines. After walking into the entrance, I instinctively head straight for the comics section to read a comic book or two of ZITS. As a walked past the books and bookshelves, I remained on course with singularity and focus. 

Colors whizzed by, as famous faces looked at me. People were standing in my way, their noses buried in books of many titles and faces. Cars, planes and ships pictured across hardcovered encyclopedias. Then this woman. 

She was beautiful. She had fair, flawless skin, and perfectly contrasted black eyes held in place by an aquiline nose. Her oval face framed by long locks of wavy dark hair. Through plush red lips she didn't smile. Somehow she caught my eyes through messes of books and color. Framed in a background of glossy white, she was beautiful. 

I stared a moment at her. The words BAZAAR showed that she was merely picture. Sigh, but I still couldn't take my eyes off her. She didn't smile and now seemed to look right at me. Beckoning me to everything she was the symbol of. 

Fast cars, rich food, huge parties, suits, ties, mansions and multi million dollar deals. Not only that, suave and glamourous looks, slicked black hair finished with the perfect black shoes. Red carpets, red wine and blue bloods. Time for dreaming was over. 

I still wonder why people love magazines like those, why people like me love magazines like those. Some like it to keep abreast of the latest fashions and trends. Some simply to be inspired. Others to dream, and others to remind themselves what dreams looked like.

I still wonder why I like glossy Magazines when the clothes and garments in them cost enough to send a child through college and more. I keep thinking about how much I want those Gucci Jeans, That Armani suit and that Banana Republic shirt before realising that they were fitted on a stereotypically perfect male model. Sigh... forget it. 

But still, its nice to imagine. 

 

No comments:

My Blog List