Saturday, September 19, 2009

My Condolences

Hey man... I heard what happened. I remember your dad. He was giving me and Jeremy a lecture about something deep; I don't exactly recall what cause I simply wasn't interested in theistic theories at that age. But I do remember this, I was dang happy when he brought us to dinner at Burger King's. 

He said, what did you guys want to eat? I immediately looked at Jeremy and said, "dude, burger kings."
 You asked your dad if we could eat burger kings. Uncle didn't particularly like Burger Kings and far prefered Chinese food like all chinese father's do; but he still brought us to BK. I fondly remember the free burger I inhaled under 5 minutes. 

Sigh... Its times like these even the most eloquent of men find that they don't know what to say. Its moments like these the best writers can't think of anything to pen. 

I could say, I'm sorry. But its just so shallow. 

I could say, He's with the Lord. But he's not here with you. 

I could say, Be strong. But, if that happened to me, I would be destroyed. 

I could say, Time heals. But it still hasn't healed. 

I could say, I know your pain. But I don't. 

But I will say this. Whatever capacity I have in my heart to feel your pain. I feel it. As much as I can possibly share your suffering, I share it.

Jon, as much as I know what you're going through is unimaginable; indescribable. But, have no doubt, that your friends would willingly share your pain if they could. Were here. God's here. 

When words from humans are useless, God speaks to you.
When comfort from humans offer no solace, God comforts you.  

Take care. 

1 comment:

My Blog List