Sunday, May 18, 2008

One Republic



Dudes, I have a new favourite band. One Republic. Honestly, at first I figured that they were just some small not so famous band that made an awesome song with Timbaland. However, confessing that I had to listen to bands with violins, or whatever to a certain friend, he immedeatly pointed me to One Republic. "Jo, I think you'll like One Republic."

Yes I did. Every song was either good or great; the last time that happened was in Switchfoot's The Beautiful Let Down. Normally I would only like a certain song from one Cd or three at most, the rest of the tracks just lost my attention, making it a chore to listen to them till I got to the next song. However, One Republic's music was wonderful, I found myself closing my eyes and enjoying every song. .

Their lyrics were so meaningfully framed in their passionate music. Instead of the same boring rant at the world or the torturously corny love songs from other bands, One Re's music was uplifting with substance to them, flowing from their experiences and humble beginnings as a Myspace band. Exactly the stuff to listen to if you're thinking about a beloved or loved one. Or if you're in a hard time needing a little bit of encouragement. One Republic gives that, in my opinion.

.

No comments:

My Blog List