Saturday, May 24, 2008

I Have A Theory

"Do you love me because I am beautiful, or am I beautiful because you love me?"

That wonderous line came from Cinderella while I was browsing quotes online. It reminded me of a theory I had about beauty.

Once, I was sitting in my torturous math tuition class, across me, sat a girl with gentle features, fair skin and a pretty face. She had large eyes framed with double eyelids, a cute nose and a pouty small mouth. I thought she was beautiful. Her friend asked her a question, she turned, smiled and said.

"Shit!"

Ahem. At that point, her gentle, sweet features simply degraded into that rough vulgar word. She turned into an average school girl almost immedeatly in my eyes. It was the first word I heard from her and the strongest impression she made on me. I began to think about my theory.

Even if a girl has a gorgeous body and a beautiful face, if she's ugly inside, slowly she'll become ugly in your eyes.

There was a certain girl I knew sometime back. I meanly stereotyped her as average looking; though I knew perfectly well that it was wrongful of me. I didn't like her, in fact, I near couldn't stand thinking of her. However, one day I began talking to her and I found her lively, intelligent and cheerful. She was so nice and polite, seeming to know exactly what to say, the expressions on her face making me laugh quietly from their spontaniety and quirkiness. I began to realise how fair her face actually was as I began to love her as a sister. To me, she was someone beautiful.

If a girl is just average looking, but she's beautiful inside, she'll transform into someone beautiful.

Honestly, I know its wrong to judge a person by how he or she looks, but I admit, I have on many, many occasions. After having done that, reminding myself I'm not that great looking myself. However, thats how it is I guess. Skin is just a piece of glass that allows what you are inside to shine through. I believe what you look like can't be chosen; but infinitely more important, what you are, can be chosen.

1 comment:

Jowee said...

I think u write awesomely! I love reading your blog, and flow of words through ur thoughts... very good, very refreshing, and very Jowong. Keep writing friend..

My Blog List